Sunday, October 19, 2008

Discuss about polygamy

From my understanding, polygamy here means that a man married with more than one woman. In Islam, man is allowed to polygamy, but with limitation that men can only have up to four wives at any one time. Although men are allowed to polygamy, but they must deal with their wives as fairly as possible, doing everything that they can to spend equal amounts of time and money on each one of them. Usually, the wives have little to no contact with each other and lead separate, individual lives in their own houses, and sometimes in different cities, though they all share the same husband. For me, there are advantages and disadvantages in polygamy itself. Personally, I don't like polygamy even sometimes it gives benefits to us, especially towards women itself. It is because from what I can see, men nowadays do not practice the real concept of polygamy. Most of them can't play their role as fairly as they should among their wives. Usually, they married because of they want to fulfill their desire towards women. Other than that, nowadays we also can see that the women or the wife, spent less time with their husband because of their husband has to spare his time with other wives. So, the wife can be said that she got less attention and of course will get jealous with other wives too and this leads to misunderstanding and inconvenience feelings among the wives. Me myself also, will get jealous and can't just stand there, see my husband laughing, smiling, and hugging and so on with other women although they are in legal relationship. I have to admit that, polygamy also has its advantages itself likes the women itself are being protected, respects and loved by the men. Honestly, I can't accept polygamy in my life, but I'll try my best to accept it, if the men can really be fair and responsible in doing his role as a husband among all his wives and if it is purposely to protect the women itself.

No comments: